No idea what to eat at weeknight? This easy but tasty stromboli got so many rave reviews. It is great served with soup.
Spinach with caramelized onions
45g Sourdough levain
- Mix all ingredients until a rough mass is formed and rest 35min, then knead until you reach a smooth surface. Rest 30min.
- Two sets of stretches and fold, 40min apart.
- Let the dough rest covered for a total of 4 hours at room temp. Then take it to the fridge between 24 to 48h.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, make a ball and cover, and let it rest covered until it looks puffy (2h more or less).
- Submerge the dough in a bowl mixed with semolina and all-purpose flour and remove the excess by just shaking the dough.
- Flatten out the dough, and make a thin rectangle.
- Add fillings and roll up making a log, take the two ends, and fold it over. Make some slashing to help to release the air during baking.
- Brush with a mix of butter, parsley, and garlic. Place the dough on parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and bake on a pizza stone or steel plate for between 20min or until the desired color is reached.
- Don’t forget to wear LANON heat-resistant liquid silicone gloves to move the steel plate!