Fresh homemade crispy bagel recipePosted by Kai Hou on
Ingredients you'll need:
- 380g Bread Flour
- (or up to 30% whole-wheat flour)
- 80g Starter Discard
- 20g Sugar/ Honey
- 190g Water
- 7g Salt
- 3g Malt Powder (optional)
- 10g Oil (Optional)
How to make bagels:
- Combine everything (hold the oil) and knead the dough until it comes together nicely
- Add oil and continue kneading the dough until it becomes smooth and stretchy (no need for window pane).
- Proof until (almost) double.
- Divide into 6 portions and roll them into tight balls. Rest for 15min.
- Shape into bagels as shown in the video.
- Proof until double.
- Put a pot of water to boil and add a teaspoon of baking soda and sugar.
- Boil for 10-20 secs each side and longer if you prefer chewier.
- Wear your LANON heat&cold resistant liquid silicone gloves and no more burnt hands.
← Older Post Newer Post →