This simple gluten-free recipe only requires one single rise. Believe it or not, it is incredibly soft and chewy. A generous amount of mixed seeds adds an amazing flavor to the loaf.
The recipe is from our brand ambassador Jade @shebakesourdough(IG). She was also inspired by a baking genius @theloopywhisk(IG).
12g Active dried yeast
20g Superfine/caster sugar
585g Warm water, divided
30g Psyllium husk
195g Buckwheat flour
150g Tapioca starch
135g Millet flour
10g Table or sea salt
15g Apple cider vinegar
150g Mixed seeds, such as linseed, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds
1 Egg, whisked, for egg wash (optional, omit if you want the bread to be vegan)
Steps to take:
- Mix the yeast, sugar, and 240g of warm water. Wait for 10-15 mins until the mixture starts frothing.
- Mix the psyllium husk and 345g water to make a psyllium gel in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, millet flour, and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture, psyllium gel, and apple cider vinegar.
- Knead all the ingredients together into a smooth, soft, and slightly sticky dough.
- Add 120g of seeds and knead them into the dough until the seeds are evenly distributed.
- Shape the dough and then transfer into a 2lb loaf tin and gently press it down to even out the top.
- Rest the dough until double for 1 hour 15 mins to 1 hour 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 480°F.
- Sightly brush the top of the bread with egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining seeds.
- Bake at 480°F with steam for 15 mins.
- Reduce the temperature to 430°F and bake for a further 60-70 mins in a steam-free environment.
Wear LANON heat&cold-resistant liquid silicone baking gloves to unmold the loaf. Ready to enjoy its crisp crust and amazingly delicious flavor?
If you are looking for more gluten-free baking recipes, head over to @theloopywhisk’s page(IG)!