One of the reasons why people like Focaccia are that you can simply do all the folds, proofing, dimpling, and baking in just 1 tray! Here’s the super easy-but-tasty recipe from our brand ambassador Jade @shebakesourdough. Try it this weekend!
300g Bread Flour
150g All-Purpose Flour
100g Levain / Active Discard
15g Olive Oil/ Softened Butter
How to make:
1. Autolyse flour and water for an hour.
2. Add levain and salt and mix well.
3. Add olive oil and knead well until you get a smooth dough.
4. Leave the dough to proof until double, giving it a fold every 30 mins.
5. Leave the dough alone to proof until double (or cold retard overnight).
6. Preheat oven to 480℉ for at least 30 mins.
7. When the dough gets nice and puffy, stretch it gently outwards towards the rim of the pan and dimple it. Add your favorite toppings.
8. Bake the Focaccia at 450℉ for 20-25 mins.
9. Wear LANON heat&cold resistant liquid silicone gloves to lift the tray. Better dexterity and safer.
So much deliciousness in a tray and much less washing up to do! What thickness do you like?